- 1.8 ounces flaxseed meal (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.8 ounces oat flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 3/4 cups certified gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy buttery spread (such as Earth Balance)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
- 1/4 cup unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds
Preheat oven to 350°.
Weigh or lightly spoon flaxseed meal and flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flaxseed meal, flour, oats, and baking soda in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
Place peanut butter, buttery spread, and sugars in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Add banana, vanilla, and eggs, beating until blended. Add flour mixture, minichips, and sunflower seeds, beating until incorporated.
Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool completely on pans before serving.