- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. potato gnocchi
- 6 ounces baby carrots with tops, halved lengthwise
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into half-moon slices (about 5 oz.)
- 1 small zucchini, cut into half-moon slices (about 4 oz.)
- 1 medium leek, cleaned, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 3 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 lemon), divided
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz.) unsalted butter
- 1 cup frozen English peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Sprinkle chicken thighs with coriander, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Add chicken to hot oil, skin side down, and cook undisturbed until skin is deeply browned and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn, and cook until mostly cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare gnocchi according to package directions for boiling. Drain and set aside.
Without wiping the skillet from the chicken thighs, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add carrots, squash, zucchini, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until squashes are starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add leek, and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and lemon juice, and stir to remove any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Bring just to a boil, and adjust heat to medium-low. Cook until liquid slightly thickens and carrots are tender, about 3 minutes. Add butter, peas, and lemon zest; stir until butter melts and peas are warmed through. Add drained gnocchi to mixture, and stir to incorporate. Serve vegetable mixture with the chicken thighs, and sprinkle with parsley.